DCW chaired a conference on the future of the waste oil industry in the UK, hosted by Shell on 3 February 2005. The introductory speaker was one of his students at Imperial College, who researched the conflicts between various EU Directives as they affect waste oils. These clashes could threaten the future of an industry which currently collects and recycles the highest percentage of used oil of any country in Europe.
- Learning from the past to plan for the future
- Socio-economic development drives solid waste management performance in cities
- DCW wins the 2022 ISWA Publication Award
- The untapped potential for better waste and resource management to curb global heating
- Diving Deep: deploying finance to prevent plastic pollution of the oceans