UNEP’s inaugural Global Waste Management Outlook (GWMO), which DCW edited, estimates that around 2 billion people worldwide still lack access to regular waste collection; while a larger number, around 3 billion, lack access to controlled disposal services for municipal https://www.babyscanclinic.com/blog/buy-cialis-tadalafil-online-20-mg/ solid wastes. WasteAid UK is a relatively new development charity set up by professionals to mobilise the UK waste and resource industry both to campaign and to address directly the global waste crisis, bringing solid waste management services to poor communities in the least developed countries. The particular niche where Wasteaid UK has chosen to focus is supporting unserved communities in Africa to recycle their wastes into sellable products, thus developing livelihoods, alleviating poverty AND establishing a sustainable solid waste collection and management system. I am proud to be the Patron of WasteAid UK, and encourage you to give us your support. Please read my blog on Responding to the global waste management crisis.
- DCW wins the 2022 ISWA Publication Award
- The untapped potential for better waste and resource management to curb global heating
- Diving Deep: deploying finance to prevent plastic pollution of the oceans
- Practical Action focuses attention on solid waste management
- Make phasing out open burning of waste an international priority