Professor David C Wilson spoke today at one of a series of invited seminars to discuss and critically assess what people want from local government and how local authorities can meet those needs. Sir Michael Lyons is conducting a wide ranging Inquiry into the future roles and funding of local government in England. DCW was a member of the panel on ‘Empowering Authorities to Manage Future Pressures Effectively’. His comments focused on the waste management challenges over the next 15 years.
- Socio-economic development drives solid waste management performance in cities
- DCW wins the 2022 ISWA Publication Award
- The untapped potential for better waste and resource management to curb global heating
- Diving Deep: deploying finance to prevent plastic pollution of the oceans
- Practical Action focuses attention on solid waste management