Professor David C Wilson chaired the 2nd in a series of workshops of the 4UK waste strategy group, which explored common challenges in implementing national waste management strategies across the UK. The 4UK waste strategy group brings together the 4 devolved administrations, environment agencies and representatives from local authorities from across the UK, together with invited representatives of industry, NGOs and academia. This second meeting was hosted in Belfast by the Environment and Heritage Service. DCW was involved in the development of the Northern Ireland waste management strategy, and was invited to be the independent chair, to facilitate the workshop.
- DCW wins the 2022 ISWA Publication Award
- The untapped potential for better waste and resource management to curb global heating
- Diving Deep: deploying finance to prevent plastic pollution of the oceans
- Practical Action focuses attention on solid waste management
- Make phasing out open burning of waste an international priority