DCW co-led a workshop on Defra’s Waste and Resources Research Programme at CIWM’s annual conference in Paignton. His paper outlined the current status of the Programme, for which he Chairs the Advisory Group. The workshop focused on priorities for future evidence needs, prior to the preparation of an R&D Strategy for the next 3 years.
- The untapped potential for better waste and resource management to curb global heating
- Diving Deep: deploying finance to prevent plastic pollution of the oceans
- Practical Action focuses attention on solid waste management
- Make phasing out open burning of waste an international priority
- Nine Development Bands – a new theory of waste and development