Professor David C Wilson will chair the first day of the European Waste Management 2010 conference in Brussels on 1 December 2010. The conference is aimed particularly at industry operating in Europe, and focuses on overcoming challenges in the implementation of the Waste Framework Directive whilst minimising a company’s environmental footprint. A recurring theme is the effective implementation of waste prevention, which is one of DCW’s particular current interests.
- The untapped potential for better waste and resource management to curb global heating
- Diving Deep: deploying finance to prevent plastic pollution of the oceans
- Practical Action focuses attention on solid waste management
- Make phasing out open burning of waste an international priority
- Nine Development Bands – a new theory of waste and development