DCW will chair the session on managing household hazardous wastes at the CIWM 2008 conference, A World of Difference, in Torbay on Wednesday 11 June. DCW chairs CIWM’s Special Interest Group on hazardous wastes. Local authorities are increasingly seeking to collect separately the hazardous components of household waste – a particular focus of this session will be the new EU producer responsibility requirements for batteries, which will reach the UK statute book in 2008.
- The untapped potential for better waste and resource management to curb global heating
- Diving Deep: deploying finance to prevent plastic pollution of the oceans
- Practical Action focuses attention on solid waste management
- Make phasing out open burning of waste an international priority
- Nine Development Bands – a new theory of waste and development